Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the following ability. (CO 4) Assess the value of standardized terminologies in supporting nursing in all four practice settings. (POs 5, 11)
For a selected patient scenario, identify related NANDA, NIC, and NOC elements. Describe in detail the data, information, knowledge, and wisdom that guided you. The scenario is one that you choose and is in a context familiar to you so that you can provide the detail requested and apply your learning from this point forward.
The field of nursing has changed over time. In a 750-1,000 word paper, discuss nursing practice today by addressing the following:
- Explain how nursing practice has changed over time and how this evolution has changed the scope of practice and the approach to treating the individual.
- Compare and contrast the differentiated practice competencies between an associate and baccalaureate education in nursing. Explain how scope of practice changes between an associate and baccalaureate nurse.
- Identify a patient care situation and describe how nursing care, or approaches to decision-making, differ between the BSN-prepared nurse and the ADN nurse.
- Discuss the significance of applying evidence-based practice to nursing care and explain how the academic preparation of the RN-BSN nurse supports its application.
- Discuss how nurses today communicate and collaborate with interdisciplinary teams and how this supports safer and more effective patient outcomes.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.c
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"