Emerging trends that are encouraging healthcare executives to become interested in developing innovative, integrative, and cost-beneficial HMIS solutions include: • wireless, user-friendly portables.July 26, 2018
What are the factors that have led our legislators to not identify mental health as an issue for improved health care for our nation?July 26, 2018
Nelson Carson is a 62-year-old man who presents to his private practitioner’s office with a hacking, raspy cough.
- PMH: HTN, CAD
- Cough is productive, bringing up green, thick phlegm
- Runny nose, sore throat
- No history of smoking or seasonal allergies
- Complains of fatigue
- Vital signs: T 37 P 72 R 14 BP 134/64
- Lungs: + Rhonchi bilateral upper lobes, wheezes
- O2 Sat = 98%
Medications: Metoprolol 25 mg per day, ASA 325 mg/daily
- What other questions should the nurse ask about the cough?
- What nursing diagnoses can be derived from the data?
- What should be included in the plan of care?
- What risk factors are associated with this age group?
- Based on the readings, what is the most likely cause of cough for this patient?
- Apa format
- ReferenceJarvis, C. (2016). Physical examination & health assessment (7th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Saunders.
- Chapter 18: Thorax and Lungs
- pp. 413–441 (Structure, Function, The Thoracic Cavity, Developmental Competence, Subjective Data, Objective Data)
- Chapter 19: Heart and Neck Vessels
- pp. 459–492 (Structure and Function, Heart Wall, Chambers, and Valves, Heart Sounds, Developmental Competence, Subjective Data, Objective Data )
- Chapter 20: Peripheral Vascular System and Lymphatic System
- pp. 509–529 (Structure and Function, Lymphatics, Developmental Competence, Subjective Data, Objective Data)
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"