Review the Guidelines for Qualitative Nursing Research Critique. Read a recent article, from the last 3 to 5 years, in a peer reviewed nursing or health care journal that includes a SINGLE PUBLISHED RESEARCH STUDY using qualitative design methods. Do not use a systematic review or mixed methods article.
Write a 1,200- to 1,500-word paper that presents your qualitative analysis. The paper should fully present your responses to each criterion in the Guidelines for Qualitative Nursing Research Critique. You must include five scholarly references–the article, the text, and three outside sources. Use the Plagiarism Checker before submitting your assignment.
Guidelines for Qualitative Nursing Research Critique
Analyze and critique a quantitative nursing research article from a nursing research journal published within the past 5 years. You must include five scholarly references—the article, the text, and three outside sources.
Your qualitative research report analysis requires an in-depth analysis of the following questions:
• Is the problem clearly stated and is significant to nursing or health care?
• Is the purpose clearly stated?
• Is the research question stated broadly enough for a qualitative study?
• Is the study design consistent with its qualitative approach?
• Are the subjects obtained using a method consistent with the qualitative methodology?
• Is the setting appropriate for the study?
• Are the data collection methods consistent with the purpose of the qualitative approach?
• Are the rights of human subjects protected?
• Is evidence of data saturation provided?
• Are the data analysis procedures appropriate for the type of data collected and the qualitative method?
• Is there sufficient evidence of scientific rigor?
• Are the conclusions and implications appropriate and clearly stated?
• Are suggestions for future research included?
This is your analysis of what the authors said—not a restatement of the article.
In-depth analysis includes the discussion of your decisions about each or these specific topics. It is an explanation based on what you can find from available resources.
If an item is not clear or not correct in your opinion, state why you think that with research justification for that decision. If you think an item is clear, the same justification is needed to substantiate what you say.
Assignment Grading Criteria
Qualitative Research Article Analysis
• Read a recent article that uses qualitative design methods. The article must be from a peer reviewed journal published within the last 3 to 5 years.
• Write a 1,200- to 1,500-word paper that presents qualitative analysis. The paper should fully present your responses to each criterion in the Guidelines for Qualitative Nursing Research Critique.
• Use the Plagiarism Checker before submitting your assignment.
• Attach a copy of the article and the certificate of originality.
Note. Points are awarded based on the quality of the content submitted and the degree to which assignment expectations are met.
11 points possible Points possible Points earned
Describes the purpose of the study and identifies the problem and how significant it is to nursing or health care 2
Critiques the appropriateness of research objectives, questions, or hypothesis 1
Critiques the method used to obtain subjects and describe the appropriateness of the setting 1
Analyzes the data collection methods 2
Describes how the rights of human subjects were protected 1
Critiques data analysis procedures for the type of data collected and the qualitative method 2
Analyzes how the evidence proves scientific rigor 1
Critiques the conclusions and implications of this study and any suggestions for future research 1
4 points possible Points possible Points earned
Follows rules of grammar, usage, and punctuation 4
Has a structure that is clear, logical, and easy to follow
Consistent with APA guidelines for formatting and citation of outside works
Contains the required word count
Cites the required number of sources