Please use the attached resources to complete the following assignment. Also, separate the 2 assignments from each other and provide individual references
Module 1.1 Learning Resources
· Nelson, R., & Staggers, N. (2018). Health informatics: An interprofessional approach (2nd ed.). St. Louis, Missouri: Elsevier
o Chapter 2: “Theoretical Foundations of Health Informatics”
o Chapter 3: “Evidence-based Practice, Practice-based Evidence and Informatics”
o Chapter 4: “Models, theories, and research for program evaluation”
Module 1.1 Actiivity
This Learning Activity will help to develop skills and knowledge that will be needed for the Competency Assessments. It is highly recommended that you complete this optional activity.
Health Informatics in the Field
In an APA formatted paper:
· Identify and summarize two articles written within the past three years, reflective of health informatics in your program of study. (Nursing)
· Evaluate the conceptual model and theoretical foundation in professional practice.
· Provide current creditable sources supporting your statements.
1.2: Healthcare Informatics in the Field
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Module 1.2 Learning Resources
· Nelson, R., & Staggers, N. (2018). Health informatics: An interprofessional approach (2nd ed.). St. Louis, Missouri: Elsevier.
o Chapter 5 Technical Infrastructure to Support Healthcare
o Chapter 6 Electronic Health Records and Applications for Managing Patient Care
o Chapter 7 Administrative Applications Supporting Healthcare Delivery
· The Joint Commission. (2018). National patient safety goals. Retrieved from https://www.jointcommission.org/standards_information/npsgs.aspx
· IHI Open School. (2008, October 21). Defining quality: Aiming for a better health care system [Video file]. Retrieved from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vOxunpnIsQ
· Module 1.2 Activity
This Learning Activity will help you to develop skills and knowledge that you will need for the Competency Assessments. It is highly recommended that you complete this optional activity.
National Patient Safety Goals
One of the tenets of health informatics is the transition of data to wisdom, as depicted in Figure 2.6 in your textbook. In an APA formatted paper address the following:
· Access the Joint Commission website (www.jointcommission.org) national patient safety goals for Ambulatory Health Care, Behavioral Health Care, or Hospitals, and review the national patient safety goal on reconciling medication information. The types of information that clinicians use to reconcile medications includes (among others) medication name, dose, frequency, route, and purpose).
· Examine how organizations assess data, information, knowledge and wisdom to support this patient safety goal.
· Outline the steps for addressing the medication reconciliation safety goal, by identifying and explaining the steps of the practice-based evidence approach.
· Include a minimum of two scholarly resources, other than the textbook, to support your response.