Locate and research two agencies that advocate for the elderly in your community. Consider their current advocacy actions and/or campaigns.July 24, 2018
What visible signs of success (for example, reduced health issues) would I look for? What is your projected effectiveness?July 24, 2018
|Understanding the definitions and terminologies associated with environmental toxicology is very important to a public health professional’s basic environmental health education. In this assignment, you will research environmental toxicology and write a paper titled “The Toxicity of a Chemical.”
Using the Argosy University online library resources and the readings for this module, address the following in your paper:
***** Please address ALL 10 Points*********************************************
- Define environmental toxicology.
- Differentiate between toxins and toxicants.
- Describe the determinants of the toxicity of a chemical.
- Explain the methods used for testing toxicity of chemicals.
- Describe different ranges of exposure.
- Explain the concept of latency.
- Define dose and threshold.
- Describe the differences between synergism, antagonism, and potentiation.
- Explain the concept of risk assessment.
- Conclude with a description of a human exposure assessment.
Give reasons and examples in support. Be sure to use scholarly resources.
APA 6th rules of writing and formatting.
Write a 2–3-page paper in Word format. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M2_A2.doc.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria
|Wrote a research paper on environmental toxicology displaying in-depth research on terminology.
|Provided scholarly examples in support.
|Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
REFERENCES TO USE: SUGGESTED READINGS
US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). (2011). Animal feeding operations.
|Environmental Policy and Regulation
|It is important for any discussion of healthcare related concerns to be informed by an awareness of governmental policy and involvement. In this module, you will examine how environmental policy and regulations are formulated. You will learn about:
- Key environmental regulatory agencies
- Four principles that guide environmental policy development
- Five major environmental laws introduced in the past decade
- Environmental policies developed to protect vulnerable groups
- Steps involved in the policy-making process
Since the Congressional Declaration of National Environmental Policy in 1969, the United States has been legislating how environmental policy will be established and implemented. These legislative policies have evolved into a comprehensive list of protections for public health.
The United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has developed The 2009-2014 EPA Strategic Plan. This landmark plan targets the following areas for improvement and action:
- Reduction of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions
- Sustainable agriculture
- Impacts of global climate change
- Import safety
- Improving program implementation in Indian country
- Enforcement/compliance measurement approach
- Research strategic directions and targets
- Environmental indicators, monitoring, and related information
There are numerous international, national, state/territorial, and local agencies charged with ensuring environmental policy is enforced. These agencies include:
- US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH)
- Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR)
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences (NIEHS)
- European Union (EU) and European Environment Agency (EEA)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). (2011, May 9). Environmental Health. Retrieved from http://www.cdc.gov/Environmental/
US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Laws and Regulations.Retrieved from http://www.epa.gov/lawsregs/
Using the navigation on the left, please proceed to the next page.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"