Explain which steps should be followed when using evidence-based practice for this program. Provide at least two examples of evidence-based practice that can be referred to for the program.July 14, 2018
Describe the health care beliefs of the Korean and Mexican heritage on how they are related to the delivery of health care.July 14, 2018
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services: Healthy People 2020. (2012). http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topicsobjectives2020/default.aspx
Review the listed topics and objectives of Healthy People 2020 and select one that is of interest to you. Then, respond to the following:
- Explain why the objective you chose is of great significance to the population and the health of the communities.
- Describe the federal program established in response to your selected objective.
- Examine the implications of the program in healthcare in terms of morbidity, mortality, policy, and costs.
Support your statements with appropriate examples and scholarly references.
Part 2: The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) of 2010 is a pivotal piece of legislation aimed to improve the current healthcare system in the United States. The legislation intends to ensure that all American citizens have access to good quality and affordable healthcare. One of the main focuses of the act is preventing chronic disease and improving public health.
From the assigned readings this week, review the following Web resource:
Considering that the PPACA bill recommends the elimination of copayments (or copays) and deductibles for preventative healthcare for women, respond to the following:
- Provide a brief overview of PPACA.
- What are the implications of the PPACA for public health?
- In your opinion, do you think that the elimination of copays and deductibles will increase the number of women who have annual mammograms? Justify your answer.
- Even if these screening services are available, what would be the barriers to accessing these services?
Support your statements with appropriate examples and scholarly references.]]>
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"