Basic Project Management for Advance Practice Nurses and Health Care Professionals; Project Management: Why do we need it?July 12, 2019
Develop genograms for clients presenting for psychotherapyJuly 12, 2019
Assignment: Health Information Patient Handout
One of the pivotal goals of consumer health literacy efforts is to design educational materials that attract as well as educate users. In this Assignment, you design a health information document on a topic that is of interest to you.
- Select a health issue of interest to you.
- Identify the audience or population that you seek to educate about this issue.
- Search the Internet to find credible sites containing information about your selected topic.
- Review the two health literacy websites listed in this week’s Learning Resources. Focus on strategies for presenting information.
- Design an educational handout on the health issue you selected.
- Include a cover page.
- Include an introduction that provides:
- An explanation of your issue and why you selected it
- A description of the audience you are addressing
- In the handout itself:
- Develop your handout in such a way that it attracts the attention of the intended audience.
- Include a description of the health issue and additional content that will enhance your message (i.e., key terms and definitions, graphics, illustrations, etc.).
- Recommend four or five sites that provide clear, valuable, and reliable information on the topic.
Note: Remember to keep the information in your health handout and its design at the appropriate level for the audience you are seeking to inform. Submit your Assignment as a Word document.
This week we will discuss the security of health care records and the protection of patient privacy. You will analyze the nurse’s responsibility to protect patient information and the extent that Health IT has made it easier or more difficult to protect patient privacy. You will comment on any security or ethical issues related to the use of portable devices to store information. You will also assess the strategies your organization uses to safeguard patient information and how these promote a culture of safety. You will describe an area where improvement is needed and one strategy that could address the situation.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"