Collaboration is a term that has been used throughout the lesson. Cite an example from your practice experiences or your prelicensure clinical experiences of how teamwork could have been improved with collaboration.July 27, 2018
Identify a new law or regulation that affects the practice of public health or community health nursing. Discover the sponsor of the actionJuly 27, 2018
Kevin Valeri is a 64-year-old man who presents to the gastroenterologist’s office with constipation and abdominal bloating.
- Pain level is a 4/10 location = right lower abdomen
- Retired Engineer
- States he has been going to the bathroom with the help of laxatives, but not having regular movements
- Appetite is decreased, some nausea
- PMH: depression, anxiety, chronic constipation
- Vital signs: T 37 degrees Centigrade, P 64, R 16, BP 124/58
- Bowel sounds hypoactive in all four quadrants
- Medications: Lamictal 200mg daily, Lexapro 10 mg daily
- Weight = 210 lbs, last visit weight = 195
- What other assessments should be included for this patient?
- What questions should the nurse ask with regard to the abdominal pain?
- From the readings, subjective data, and objective data, what is the most probable cause of the abdominal pain?
- What should be included in the plan of care?
- What interventions should be included in the plan of care for this patient?
- APA FORMAT
- REFERENCE REQUEIRED:
- Jarvis, C. (2016). Physical examination & health assessment (7th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Saunders.
- Chapter 21: Abdomen
- pp. 537–566 (Structure, Function, Subjective and Objective Data, Documentation and Critical Thinking)
- Chapter 24: Male Genitourinary System
- pp. 691–710 (Structure, Function, Subjective and Objective Data, Documentation and Critical Thinking)
- Chapter 25: Anus, Rectum, and Prostate
- pp. 721–731 (Structure, Function, Subjective and Objective Data, Documentation and Critical Thinking)
- Chapter 26: Female Genitourinary System
- pp. 737–763 (Structure, Function, Subjective and Objective Data, Documentation and Critical Thinking)
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"