There are two major paradigms or research: quantitative and qualitative. Which of these paradigms are you inclined to participate in or design? Why? July 19, 2018
What federal initiatives are in place to address current public health issues? Explain in detail with a minimum of two examples.July 19, 2018
Why did you choose this particular food? Is it one that you eat often? Did you include an active link to the label showing the nutrition facts and the ingredients?
In which food group does this food fit into ChooseMyPlate. Recall that this is a food group plan that groups foods according to their nutrient content. Empty calorie foods (such as candy or chips), would NOT fit into a food group. They would be in the discretionary kcalorie category. Likewise, cheddar flavored crackers do not have enough calcium to fit into the dairy food group – they would fit into grains. If you are not sure where your food fits, make your best guess and then ask for help in your discussion posting.
Look at the Nutrition Facts Label for your food. List the % of the Daily Value (DV) for Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Calcium and Iron. (or Vitamin D, iron, calcium, and potassium if your label is one of the new ones!) Read the definition for the Label Claim ‘HIGH” in the “Glossary of terms on Food Labels” in chapter 2. Is your food high in any of these 4 micronutrients?
Does your food contain any food additives? If yes, tell us what type of food additive it is and present information on it’s safety rating from the Center for Science in the Public Interest found at: (use this active link)
Now that you have looked closely at the food label, do you think this item is a part of a healthy diet? Why or why not?
Creating an Active Link:
If a link is ‘active’, when you click on it you will be taken directly to the website.
Even if your link was active in your word document, you will need to recreate that active link
in HTML. Follow these steps to make your link active:
- Place your cursor where you want to insert your web address and click on the link icon (it is on the 2nd taskbar, third from left – it looks like the link of a chain).
- When you click on the link icon you will see a new screen appear that will allow you to insert your website address.
- Type your address in the box under URL radio button, click OK and your active link will be inserted wherever you placed your cursor in the text of the message.
- If you would rather have text than the actual address, type the text you want into the box under “link text‟.
- When you are finished, click “preview‟ and check your link to make sure it is active and takes you to the site. Then you can click “Post”.
"Looking for a Similar Assignment? Get Expert Help at an Amazing Discount!"